In Real Life: The Influence Conference
I attended my second Influence Conference this past weekend. It was an unforgettable experience–one which I am still unpacking. I met some incredible women, and experienced deep, raw conversations with friends old and new. I kept saying, “I can’t believe we get to meet in real life!”
Key points I never want to forget from this weekend:
- A spiritually-divided heart is easily pushed off-course, concerned for its own well-being. – Hayley Morgan
- Sometimes asking for help releases another person from their own perfectionistic prison. – Erin Loechner
- Your greatest influence is in real life. – Nancy Ray and Gina Zeidler
- By believing the best in every person, the world will call you foolish. But God will call you free. – Alisa Keeton
- Be overwhelmed by the God of the universe who created you and wants to use you. – Jess Connolly
- God writes everybody’s stories differently. God sees you, even in the unseen moments. – Ruth Simons
- Intentional friendship starts out awkward. Let it get awkward. – Kerrie Williams
A few highlights, and many pictures:
Spending quality time with my beautiful roommate, Jenni! We basically read each other’s minds all weekend. And talked about instagram.
Meeting a few members of our Community Group: Karis, Dani, Eryn, and Kyla. 20+ of us have been doing life together online, encouraging one another, praying for each other, and sharing our dreams, goals, and fears. It’s a beautiful community that I’m grateful to be a part of.
A Gluten-Free / Vegan Cupcake Meet-Up!
These women have the most beautiful hearts and encouraging words of wisdom, and it was an honor to spend the weekend with them.
(Angela and Abby)
I wrote this mainly for myself, so I could document the people I met and the main messages of each speaker. There were so many interactions, and I’m sad I did not catch them all in a photo. I can think of many more lovely women I was able to meet this weekend. If that’s you, I hope you know how much I appreciate the chance to see you, hear you, be heard by you, pray with you, and learn from you.
God is good.
We have influence right where we are. If you’re interested in joining The Influence Network, click here.
I'm Ali. I write about my journey of living a full and healthy life with food allergies, overcoming the comparison trap, and cultivating authenticity.